Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Poverty 101: The Basics and 6 Different Types

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

If you are like most teachers, you likely have students in your class whose families are struggling with poverty. Poverty is a challenge for schools and communities across the United States and the world. With over 47 million people living in poverty in the U.S. alone, it is important for educators to gain an understanding of the facts and fallacies of poverty. Join Matt Bergman as he provides you with an overview of poverty, the six different types, and what brain research says about how poverty impacts our student's brains.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Thursday, September 7, 2017 @ 4:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Counseling, Diversity & SEL, Learning Theories & Strategies, Response to Intervention (RTI)
Tags: at-risk, brain research, impact of poverty, poverty, RTI

Reviews (50)

+3

Very informative, I like the EACH acronym for students.

Excellent information that we can apply to our everyday contact with students.

Nice work

Great information on recognizing the poverty differences in children. Loads of great information that can be used in my classroom

Nice Job!

Well done webinar...provides a lot of insight into what students can be going through

I really enjoy Mark Bergman's webinars they are extremely helpful. Thank you for your dedication.

It really helped me think about what my students are experiencing.

Got a chance to watch it on On Demand and I'm glad I did. It never really occured to me that people can be in emergency situations where something suddenly has happened to them and that's the reason they are now in poverty. I work in a more rural category than anything. Thank you for the insite.
Basic Member

Absolutely a great webinar dealing with a sensitive issue. Matt Bergman did a great service providing statistics and practicality, as well as an understanding of poverty empathetically towards our students.
more reviews ...