Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Positive Behavioral Change: An Intro to Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

Have you heard of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) or wondered what it was? Or maybe you've heard of it, but wished you knew more. Join Melissa Mann as she presents an introductory overview of ABA, explains what it is, and explores some of the ways it has been used to promote positive behaviors and lessen negative behaviors. While ABA techniques are often used with autistic and other special education students, they can be used with students in general education classrooms as well, including those with ADHD, speech impediments, traumatic brain injury, and more. In addition to sharing what ABA might look like in your classroom, Melissa will provide resources for learning more about it.

Subject: Special Education
Last aired on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 @ 5:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Special Education
Tags: ABA, Applied Behavior Analysis, autism, autistic, special education, special needs

Reviews (23)

The ABA was very informative and I know I will borrow some of the ideas in the classroom. Sometimes students are overlooked with autism or other similar disorder.
Great resources. I like that you emphasized that it is important to involve others in behavior plans.
Great Webinar. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks for the great webinar.
good information
This was an excellent presentation. Well organized.
Great tools for any classroom!
Good information

I haven't heard of ABA. Great tool to use for classroom management for special education students. It can also be used with general education students.
Excellent advice.
more reviews ...