Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Positive Behavioral Change: An Intro to Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Have you heard of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) or wondered what it was? Or maybe you've heard of it, but wished you knew more. Join Melissa Mann as she presents an introductory overview of ABA, explains what it is, and explores some of the ways it has been used to promote positive behaviors and lessen negative behaviors. While ABA techniques are often used with autistic and other special education students, they can be used with students in general education classrooms as well, including those with ADHD, speech impediments, traumatic brain injury, and more. In addition to sharing what ABA might look like in your classroom, Melissa will provide resources for learning more about it.

Details

Subject: Special Education
Last aired on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 @ 5:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Special Education
Tags: ABA, Applied Behavior Analysis, autism, autistic, special education, special needs

Reviews (34)

Excellent webinar! Thank you, Melissa.

It is so true that we have to first build relationships with our students before we can be effective at changing behaviors!

loved the data collection sheet

Very helpful and practical!

I really enjoy learning about topics like this; thank you! I will be checking out your webinars in the future!

Melissa always gives a wealth of useful information and this one certainly lives up to that!

Great information!

I like the way Autism spectrum disorder is explained. ADA is a nice way to be successful reinforcing positive behavior! The behavior sheet, data sheet are nice resources. I am glad web sites are given for resources! The explanation of ABA and resources is great. Thanks
Basic Member
+2

Very Informative.

Very helpful. A great revisit of some special education and classroom managment essentials.
more reviews ...