Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Tips, Tricks, and Best Practices for Integrating Chromebooks and Other Devices

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

As our schools become increasingly digital, it is important for teachers to have a basic understanding of how to best manage technology in the classroom - and that is certainly true of Chromebooks. Join Matt Bergman as he shares tips, tricks, and strategies for managing technology. In addition to discussing best practices for using technology in the classroom, Matt will explain the features and basic components of Chromebooks, as well as various shortcuts you can use with them.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Google Chromebooks
Tags: basic components, best practices, Chromebooks, features, shortcuts, strategies, tips

Reviews (52)

Excellent!

Great ideas!!!

Thank you. This was very useful, hands-on, informative, detailed and beneficial.

What a great presentation, thanks Matt! I appreciated the classroom management apps, extension activity ideas, and keyboard shortcuts. I also learned about iPad guided access and the Chromebook Kiosk mode. The remediation program is a good idea for students who misuse technology. I can't believe the teachers you mentioned had no expectations about technology to relay to the students! The two that come to mind immediately are how to treat your Chromebook or whatever device students are using, and expectations about what they can and can't do on the device. Thanks also for reminding us to focus on the positive. I will try to remember to reward students when they use technology correctly.

Great ideas on how to manage your Chromebooks in your classroom and awesome shortcuts.

Very helpful information. Thanks!

Very good information! Thanks for the help!
Basic Member
+3

Thank you, Good information!

I am really glad to see all of the short cuts and features available. I was not aware of a number of these features. I think knowing these tips (that a lot of students may even know to try and trick you) will make for much more active monitoring in the classroom when it comes to technology usage.
Basic Member

Lots of food for thought. Thank you!
more reviews ...