Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Digital Resources for Music Instruction

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Would you like to integrate digital tools and apps into your music class or general curriculum? Join Letia Cooper as she explores a variety of web resources that can be used to engage students in singing, playing, listening to, or writing music. Whether you are looking to integrate digital tools into a music classroom, or are simply looking for music-related tools your students can use to explore their musical abilities and creativity, or to enhance mathematical thinking and spatial intelligence, you will find tools you can use.

Details

Subject: Music
Last aired on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 @ 4:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Digital Media, Tools for Student Projects, Web Tool Overviews
Tags: digital tools, instruments, music, music resources, music-related, musical, singing, songs

Reviews (22)

I loved the list of apps that were mentioned and have some great ideas for what to use in the classroom. I would love a more in depth seminar on some of the websites and apps listed and I would love a seminar on how to encourage consistent and correct practicing (with some way for the teacher to verify that practicing is actually happening)

To engage students in singing, playing, listening to, or writing music is a fun project. Thank you

Thanks for the excellent music resources!

I thought it was pretty informative. I found out about lots of websites and apps to investigate for use in my classroom.
+10

Great info!

I have developed a choir at Bob Murphy Community School and the students enjoy creating music and playing music as a healing tool. These suggestions are awesome! Thank you.

I loved to learn of all the apps, but my students donít have iPads. We have Chromebooks. Iíd love to learn what kind of music apps/extensions are available for Chromebooks.
Basic Member

Thank you.
Basic Member

Good information. Thanks!
Basic Member
+2

Great information, thank you for sticking it out despite the flu :)
more reviews ...