Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Develop Essential Skills with an Exciting Problem-solving Escape Game

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Would you like to bring excitement, engagement, and motivation into your classroom - all while teaching new skills, critical thinking, teamwork, and problem solving? Consider BreakoutEDU, a spin-off of popular escape room games and puzzles, that can be tailored to any subject. Join Lauren Boucher as she coves the basics of running a Breakout game, as well as how to incorporate this awesome teaching strategy at little to no cost. In addition, she will share the tips and tricks she's learned from helping teachers implement them into elementary, middle, and high school classrooms.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Thursday, December 1, 2016 @ 5:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Game-based Learning , Learning Theories & Strategies, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: Breakout, critical skills, critical thinking, escape game, game-based learning, games, gamification, problem-solving, teamwork

Reviews (40)

Awesome!

Thank you for sharing. It has a lot of ideas to try out.

I am so excited to create these over the summer!

Very informed speaker. Had alot of good comments. I just read the comment below and I agree. I don't know anything and would think that it's new. The info should stay as current as possible.

Great information, but needs to be updated. Breakout.edu has done changed and added many components.
+8

Excellent presentation.

Great presentation. Creating my own game with the resources of the Brainstorming sheet, Game template and the Locks Parking Lot all helpful.

Really engaging! Love learning about the variety of available games. These help students learn to cooperate and think! Love how all students can be involved and it is not just about developing academic content but developing problem solving skills. How do I access these links listed during the lesson?

How do I get these resources with the links from this presentation?
Basic Member

great
more reviews ...