Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Teaching in a Culturally Diverse Classroom

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Today's classroom is full of students with diverse cultures, experiences, and traditions. Culturally Responsive Teaching (CRT) is a pedagogy, which supports a student-centered classroom where the curriculum allows a celebration of all our students' culture and diversity. In this webinar, Shelly Sanchez Terrell will introduce the 7 principles of CRT and show practical ways to integrate this in the classroom. She will also introduce you to web tools to help bring in cultural diversity and connect with the parents of all students, including language learners.

Details

Subject: Other
Last aired on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019 @ 12:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: ESL/ELL, Learning Theories & Strategies, Response to Intervention (RTI)
Tags: communication with parents, CRT, cultural diversity, culture, ELL, ESL, language learners, RTI

Reviews (88)

Excellente! She has a lot of experience and knowledge about CLD learners!!!

Good

Lots of good information

very nice

nice job, thanks

Nice!

I thought this had a lot of valuable info. Connecting with parents and students through different means is such a valuable tool, especially having different apps that can translate what you're trying to present. Fantastic.

Very informative. I really like the way she uses technology to connect with her parents. Class Dojo seems quite impressive with its way of translating languages.

very much like the concept and available resources- wide variety of relevant materials to use at all levels. Thank You!

Very interesting webinar. My student are older but I thank the story telling would work well with them
more reviews ...