Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Around The World in Eighty Days: Virtual Field Trips with Google Tools

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Field trips can be a fantastic learning experience for students. Unfortunately due to cost, time constraints, distance, and other issues, field trips are not always practical or possible. Thankfully, laptops and Chromebooks make it easy to avoid these restraints with virtual field trips. Join Meri Martin as she shares a collection of sites and tools that will let you and your students experience the world without leaving the classroom. Come discover some incredible learning experiences for a variety of subjects and grade levels!

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Saturday, March 30, 2019 @ 11:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Google Chromebooks, Tools for Student Projects, Virtual Learning
Tags: Chromebooks, Google, virtual explorations, virtual field trips, virtual learning

Reviews (112)

This webinar was definitely in the top 5. Excellent ideas

Wonderful presentation.

Good information on a variety of tours.
Basic Member

Have you ever visited the town of Mars in PA during Mars New Year? NASA comes and does all kinds of presentations for 3 days. You can see Insight, Rover, and learn all about different things they are doing. http://marsnewyear.com/mars-exploration-celebration/
+1

I have used these in the classroom! Students loved it!
Basic Member

I will definitely use these in my class next year!

Great ideas. Definitely using

Great presentation!

Great presentation filled with lots of information, thank you!

Wow - what an amazing video. This is even better than attending a live workshop because I can pause and write down all these excellent ideas. I love that she posted them all at the end as well. I will be using some of these ideas right away this week in my computer lab. This is one of the best presentations I have ever seen on Virtual Tours and specifically Google Maps and Google Earth. But I learned so many other options as well. Thank you for such a comprehensive presentation. Well done!
more reviews ...