Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Creating Passionate Literacy Environments: Getting Students Excited About Literacy

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

We have the tools to help us be literacy teachers, but how do we create passionate literacy environments for our students? Join Pernille Ripp as she focuses on some of the things we can implement in our classrooms to help students become invested and excited about our literacy communities. Whether you start small with choice and voice in the classroom or create global, collaborative projects, Pernille will share how easy it is to re-ignite a passion for literacy - as long as you have the ideas and the trust in yourself to try them!

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 @ 10:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Communication & Collaboration, Reading & Writing, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: collaboration, collaborative projects, global projects, literacy

Reviews (30)

This is such important information! She gives a passionate research based argument for student choice to promote the love of literacy.

+8

Excellent webinar.

Great thoughts that I wouldn't have necessarily thought of myself. Thank you!

Love literacy environments that engage students for self directed success. Thank you
Basic Member

very good on allowing students to use choice as part of their own self-discovery of what they are interested in and who they are.
She should probably arrange for baby-sitter before doing another live webinar.
Basic Member

Very good, especially thoughts on book abandonment. This is a choice I allow myself, and need to respect that students need the choice as well.
Basic Member

Very good, I really liked the emphasis on individualism as far as book abandonment.
Basic Member

I love the emphasis on student choices!
Basic Member

I totally agree that reading logs turns students off to reading. I previously leveled all of my books and am now considering letting that system go. Furthermore, I loved the idea of celebrating when students abandon books and then interviewing them as to why.
Basic Member

This was such an insightful webinar. I really appreciate real classroom applications.
more reviews ...