Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Website Wow! Creating an Interactive Classroom Hub with Google Sites

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Whether you are teaching in a 1:1, blended, or more traditional classroom, creating an engaging, online website hub is an effective way to manage content, set up activities, and convey information. Join Lauren Boucher as she explores how to use Google Sites, a free website creation and hosting tool to create a class hub that allows you to embed interactive activities that excite your students and ignite learning. She'll share how you can use it to develop and manage collaborative projects and engage your students in learning in ways you never have before. Come discover creative ways to give your website the ''Wow'' factor!

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Thursday, February 7, 2019 @ 4:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Tools for Student Projects, Website Creation
Tags: Class Hub, Google Sites, Managing Student Projects, Web Sites

Reviews (35)

Great Information!!
+2

Thanks for an interesting and informative webinar.
+1

Definitely Wow!

Wow is right. Thank you for the information of having everything in one place.
+7

Awesome! I wish we could have step by step how to build it from novice teachers. That will be really great!

Loved this webinar! I learned so much and got so many new ideas for my site. I will definitely look for more webinars by Lauren Boucher - great teacher.

Interesting

great

I like organizing the discussion around four modes of interaction: student to content, student to teacher, student to student, and student to self. Lots of useful sites mentioned, like PollEverywhere, AnswerGarden, DotStorming, and BlendSpace.
[Rather than "portfolio," I prefer to refer to a "sharing site" or "sharing pages." Sharing is easier to understand than portfolio, and it keeps the publication purpose at the forefront of student minds as they add and edit their pages.]

I'm always looking for new ways to consolidate student portfolios.
more reviews ...