Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

An Intro to Flipped Classroom: Making the Flip to Increase Student Achievement

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Wouldn't it be great to put the responsibility for learning back where it belongs - with the students? Wouldn't it be amazing to get to spend class time engaged in authentic learning experiences rather than dissemination of content? Join Lauren Boucher as she discusses the instructional strategy of flipping your classroom. She will explain where flipping came from, how to get started, tools to use, and things to consider when moving forward with "the flip."

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Saturday, January 6, 2018 @ 2:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Blended Learning, Learning Theories & Strategies
Tags: flipped classroom, flipped instruction, flipping

Reviews (55)

Thanks for the Youtube editor information.
Basic Member

New perspective on teaching an engaging class. I love the idea. Nice tips on ways to get it started.

Great ideas, start small and it can be accomplished!

Great information.

Very good. Thanks for ideas that are easy to apply.

Great ideas and interesting concepts. VERY different from a traditional classroom. Looking forward to implementing some of these strategies with my 5th graders.

So ready to start this with my team teacher!!!!!! All these great ideas, it is overwhelming but like you said one topic at a time and start small. This really inspires me to get the ball rolling. Once the content is on video it will make the years of teaching ahead so much more easier and able to meet the needs of the individual learner!!! Can't thank you enough!!!!

Thanks for the information. This gives me some things to think about and some avenues to pursue.

Nice presentation. I liked the Flipped Learning is, a way to make the most out of fact to face time with my students. Also, changing the typical ratios of instruction to practice/application, and making the students responsible for learning. Important pieces of information on videos was good advice as the fillers are in class the next day. If the student is lost that reveals that the student did not watch the video. Drawing a star or heart on the paper was a good trick for note taking. Thank you.
+8

Great presentation.
more reviews ...