Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Teaching Current Events: Finding Resources Online

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Including informational text and reading in the social studies classroom can go beyond traditional textbooks. Current events and news stories can engage your students with real world reading while providing an opportunity to interact with nonfiction text. Join Monica Burns as she shares her favorite online resources for finding current events for your classroom. These fantastic, free resources can grab the attention of your readers while helping them understand local, national, and global news stories.

Details

Subject: Social Studies
Last aired on: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 @ 3:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Reading & Writing, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: current events, informational text, news stories, non-fiction, reading, social studies

Reviews (28)

+6

Great resources!

Thank you for sharing this great list of resources. I was having trouble finding updated, age-appropriate websites to use for current events. Problem solved!

Great list of resources. I plan on using some of these in my civics classroom. Thank you.
+6

Great presentation, well worth your time to watch! Lots of ideas for me to take to my classroom!

I love teaching current events! Thank you

Thanks for the information!
+5

Great resources. Thanks for sharing.

Great resources!!

It was very informative

I loved the resources.
more reviews ...