Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Correct Posture and Health Awareness for Working with Mobile Learning Devices

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

How many hours a day do you or your students spend on tablets, phones, or other mobile devices? Are you aware of the potential physical damage that can be caused as a result of poor posture and ergonomics when using these devices? According to the Kaiser Family Foundation, children ages 8-18 spend an average of seven and a half hours per day using "entertainment media."

Join Dr. Mark Roerick as he shares the importance of good posture and proper ergonomics - for both children and adults - when using mobile devices. He will explain how "text neck" occurs due to increased use of mobile devices, and will show how this forward head posture can lead to muscle strain, disc herniations, pinched nerves, and even certain metabolic conditions. Dr. Mark will also share things that can be done to prevent or reduce the likelihood of this happening.

Details

Subject: Other
Last aired on: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Mobile Learning Basics , Personal Enrichment, School Safety, Workplace
Tags: ergonomics, mobile devices, posture, preventing injuries

Reviews (37)

Thought provoking! Thanks!

Thank you!
+1

Excellent info!

Great information

This is very important information for students as there is such a major shift to being on electronics throughout the school day.
+6

Excellent information that needs to be addressed in every classroom at every school and at every level.

Such an important topic as our jobs increasingly require more time on our computers. Super easy recommendations to prevent tension and spine problems are given. Helpful presentation!

I have a "computer neck" which was due to increased use of my laptop and mobile devices, I appreciate the information about the forward head posture leading to muscle strain. I am now getting physical therapy for it. Great presentation.
+2

Fantastic presentation!
Basic Member
+4

Great reminders of proper posture. I need to keep the tips in mind while I'm using my devices.
more reviews ...