Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Correct Posture and Health Awareness for Working with Mobile Learning Devices

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

How many hours a day do you or your students spend on tablets, phones, or other mobile devices? Are you aware of the potential physical damage that can be caused as a result of poor posture and ergonomics when using these devices? According to the Kaiser Family Foundation, children ages 8-18 spend an average of seven and a half hours per day using "entertainment media." Join Dr. Mark Roerick as he shares the importance of good posture and proper ergonomics - for both children and adults - when using mobile devices. He will explain how "text neck" occurs due to increased use of mobile devices, and will show how this forward head posture can lead to muscle strain, disc herniations, pinched nerves, and even certain metabolic conditions. Dr. Mark will also share things that can be done to prevent or reduce the likelihood of this happening.

Details

Subject: Other
Last aired on: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Mobile Learning Basics , Personal Enrichment, School Safety, Workplace
Tags: ergonomics, mobile devices, posture, preventing injuries

Reviews (47)

I think that now that we are working on our mobile devices and laptops we have to take care of our backs. I think it was a very good webinar. I am going to check if there are more webinars of how to take care of our eyes and wrists. Thank you!

Two thumbs up....Posture is so important.

Great presentation. I have back issues, so this was helpful learning about proper posture.

Nice work

Great information. I shared with our IT teacher and encouraged her to share it with staff and students. :)
Basic Member

It is very eye opening to realize that as an educator I am not using proper posture and all of the students that I encounter do not use proper posture when working on their laptops and devices. It has inspired me to research more on the subject and see what I can do in my classroom to help prevent this. Thank you.
Basic Member

This had great information in it!! With the Coronavirus pandemic & all the online teaching going on, this would be beneficial for any teacher to watch!

Great information!
Basic Member

Yes important

Excellent information for everyone. We need this reminder when we work in an occupation that relies heavily upon electronics.
more reviews ...