Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Get Out of the Class with Virtual Field Trips

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Free
Access Now

Overview

We all know that field trips can be incredible educational experiences for students, particularly students with limited backgrounds. However, with the current budget crunch, field trips arenít always feasible. In this session, youíll learn how to create a field trip experience for your students without leaving the classroom. We will share a variety of resources for designing virtual field trips that will engage your students and give them new experiences. We will also share a number of ideas for virtual field trips for a variety of disciplines. No permission forms or bag lunches required!

You will walk away from this webinar with:

• An understanding of how to create virtual field trips
  • Resources for designing engaging virtual field trips
  • Ideas for virtual field trips for a variety of disciplines
  • A checklist to get started creating virtual field trips

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 @ 9:00 AM EDT
Duration: 1 hour
Credit Hours: 1
Categories: Blended Learning, Virtual Learning
Tags: Blended Learning, create, filed trip, online, virtual, Virtual Learning

Reviews (7)

Basic Member

This webinar was very resourceful. I cannot wait to try this with my fourth grade class. I am going to use this as a tool to explore the states, in Social Studies.
Basic Member
+4

This was incredibly helpful. Thank you for all the wonderful directions and resources. I'm going to go play with some of the sites right now!!
Basic Member

Thank you so much for the great information! I can't wait to share ideas with my fellow teachers. Our students are going to love this.
Basic Member

Great webinar! Fantastic tutorial on what a virtual field trip is - but MORE - I have some ideas for using Symbaloo and Google Earth for other uses as well.
Basic Member

Thank you for putting this together. I have taken many notes so as to be able to create a VFT with my students on my new art room this year.
Basic Member

What great starters for novices like me. It was really helpful to see comparisons of same trip using different tools. Thanks for all the links on your symbaloo mix.
Basic Member

Thank you ! Many ideas are now flashing through my head. The information and tips were well explained and very pertinent to my subject of geography and to engage and excite my students
more reviews ...