Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Design a Student-centered Flipped Lesson That Encourages Exploration and Inquiry

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

If the idea of a Flipped Classroom intrigues or inspires you, come discover how to design a flipped lesson that encourages exploration and inquiry, transfers knowledge online, and extends learning with student-centered activities. Join Catlin Tucker as she shows how to organize the pieces of your lesson to engage students and ensure your flipped lessons are effective. Catlin will also explore how you can use TED Ed to wrap videos in dynamic lessons online.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017 @ 4:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Blended Learning, Differentiation & Personalization, Learning Theories & Strategies
Tags: creating lessons, DOL0125, flipped classroom, flipping, online lessons, TED Ed

Reviews (59)

Great ideas

Exploration, Inquiry, and Reflection works for me. Thank you

Very interesting and lots of good information.

Thesis statement throwdown!? Oh my gosh, I am totally stealing that idea!

Awesome webinar! So much info so excited to implement into my classroom. I will be reviewing this webinar again! Thanks so much.

I liked the how she explained the 3 parts of creating a flip class lesson and I liked her idea of using this as a resource for concepts that need to be reviewed on a regular basis. There are several things in music performance that fall into that category! Thanks!

This webinar was particularly helpful because of the clarity of the examples for different skills (i.e. vocabulary, writing). I also appreciated how you broke down the role of online platforms and tools, such as Google Slides, screencast, Khan Academy, Schoology, and EdPuzzle.

I enjoyed watching this. I think that my students would benefit from learning this way.
Basic Member

I love your lively presentation full of exciting information to capture students learning and interest. MORE!!!

Great Ideas
more reviews ...