Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Go Google for Presentations

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Have you ever wanted students to collaborate on presentations outside of class, but file sharing and logistics were a problem? Or have you ever wanted to give a presentation, but weren't sure if the computer available had the right software installed? Or perhaps your school just can't afford the presentation software. In this webinar, we will cover a presentation application that easily solves all of these problems - Google Presentations. In this webinar, join Tia Simmons, Tech Tia, as she shows you step-by-step how to build a Google Presentation and introduces you to some of the newer features of Google Presentations. You will also learn how to share and publish your presentations.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Saturday, June 9, 2018 @ 11:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Digital Media, Google Basics
Tags: collaboration, communication, Communication and Collaboration, Digital Media, DOLmay19, google, power point, presentations, publishing, Tools for 21st Century Student Projects

Reviews (88)

great

Great ideas, thank you!

I liked learning what I can do in Google Slides. Create and edit presentations, edit collaboratively, import .pptx and .pps files and convert them. Then to download presentations as PDF, PPT or.txt. I like to insert images and videos. I would like to publish and embed the presentation into a website also.

Good information

Thank you for this information! I definitely learned something!
+2

Clear instructions for using Google Slides, including importing from Powerpoint files. Near the end of the webinar, the presenter said there is no way to add narration over the slides, which is correct. However, there is an extension for Slides called Screencastify, and students can narrate while running their slide deck. This will result in the creation of a video, so it will no longer be in Google Slides format, but it may be a useful workaround until Google gets a narration feature added to Google Slides.

Great step by step instructions for using google slides.
+6

Good information

Someone deleted all the collaborative notes which were irretrievable except by that specific person, but that wasn't the presenters fault. She did an excellent job of presenting the materials and various options available. She even provided us an opportunity to practice on a slide! Excellent. Highly recommend.
Basic Member

Excellent refresher!
more reviews ...