Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Teaching Creative Problem Solving to Gifted Students

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Are you looking for ways to channel the creativity and focus the thoughts of your gifted students as you teach them creative problem solving? Brainstorming can often be an ideal way to do that, especially if it is done using SCAMPER, which goes beyond making "just another list." Join Melissa Edwards as she explores a way to tap into the creative ideas possible by using SCAMPER to guide, direct, and focus brainstorming. In this participatory webinar, you will get a chance to not only learn about the SCAMPER method but also to be involved as we brainstorm our way through this webinar!

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 @ 4:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Communication & Collaboration, Organizational & Time-saving Tools, Special Education
Tags: brainstorming, Gifted, problem solving, SCAMPER, special education

Reviews (45)

Some great ways to integrate creative thinking with PBL strategies.

I really embrace the strategies behind PBL. I feel students have to take control of their learning and use a variety of medias to facilitate their learning. I am comfortable with letting go of the reigns and allowing them their own autonomy.

I agree that creative problem solving is one of the most important skills we can teach students, especially our GATE students.

Thank you for giving me some ideas to help with keeping my gifted students engaged!

Thank you for this resource!
Basic Member

Great strategies!

Excellent information. I look forward to giving some of the strategies a try this year.
Basic Member

Good ideas. Looking forward to using some these strategies in the science classroom.

Wonderful ideas!

The ideas presented are so true. Everyone learns better by being involved and doing hands on exploration to solve a problem. It helps them remember and also allows for concepts to be more meaningful.
more reviews ...