Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Games or Gamification in Class or Student Projects

Ideas for using games with student and class projects to enhance learning and 21st century skills.

$127
Buy Now

Overview

Students love games, and when used properly games can be powerful tools for learning, engagement, and retention. You will discover tools and ideas for class or student activities that help them review concepts; demonstrate learning; or develop essential 21st century skills such as problem-solving, creativity, and collaboration. Some of the possibilities include games for review, mystery calls, game design, escape rooms, and more!

Details

Subject: SimpleK12 Assignments
Categories: Game-based Learning , Tools for Student Projects

Contents

• Games or Gamification in Class or Student Projects
Virtual Houdini: Classroom Escape Rooms for Physical and Online Spaces
Escape rooms are all the rage, and they can be used in any level of education to foster critical thinking, enhance problem solving, reinforce concepts, and more!more...
Using Google Hangouts for Mystery Calls and Other Class Projects
Google Hangouts is a versatile free tool that offers numerous learning opportunities in the classroom.more...
Taking Advantage of the Power of Play and Game Design to Teach 21st Century Skills
Game jams, or game creation sessions, can be used in most grade levels and in just about any content area to spark learning and teach 21st century skills.more...
Teach Problem-solving and Game Design through Game Playing
Most kids love online games - so why not use them to engage your students, promote 21st century learning, and help them develop creative problem-solving skills?more...
Help Students Learn Vocabulary Using a Fun, Free Tool
Need fun and effective ways for your students to learn vocabulary or terms?more...
Creating Review Games for Your Science Class with Free Web Tools
Would you like to incorporate fun activities that will engage your students and help them to retain key scientific concepts, terms, and facts?more...

Reviews (1)

The free resources for the escape room will really help me with planning an escape room. I didn't think about a digital escape room until I saw this video. Thanks!
more reviews ...