Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

A Guide to Teaching Challenging Students

$137
Buy Now

Overview

We've all had those students who are habitually in trouble, struggling to make good choices, act out inappropriately, refuse what we ask, and cause a disruption. And... lots of stress. This course is designed to help tackle some of your most challenging students by giving you tips, tricks, and suggestions. We also recommend our Intro to PBIS course as well as the Classroom Management: Behavior And Interventions course.

Details

Subject: SimpleK12 Assignments
Categories: Classroom Management

Contents

• A Guide to Teaching Challenging Students
Teaching Challenging Students: Strategies and Tips for Managing Behavior in the Classroom
We all have had those students who are habitually in trouble, struggle with making good choices, act out inappropriately, or refuse to do what we ask.more...
What to Do When a Student Tells You, "No!"
Do you have a non-compliant student that you secretly want out of your class?more...
Reducing Office Referrals: Steps for Principals and Admins, Part 1
Are your teachers sending students to your office for minor behavior infractions?more...
Reducing Office Referrals: Steps for Principals and Admins, Part 2
Are your teachers sending students to your office for minor behavior infractions?more...
Nonviolent Intervention: Preventing a Student's Behavior from Escalating
Have you ever wanted to try and intervene before the meltdown of a student escalated into more destructive behaviors, such as hitting or chair throwing?more...
Classroom Management: Don't Just Survive - Thrive!
This webinar will help teachers of any grade level gain a deeper understanding of what exactly needs to be done in order to have a positive classroom environment where students are respectful and learning is valued.more...
How to Help Students Become Independent Learners
In most schools, the majority of learning is done in classes or groups.more...
Five Simple Stress Relief Strategies for Educators
Do you frequently feel stressed by the pressures of all that needs to be done at work, school, or home?more...

Reviews (12)

+4

Coping skills, organization, positive thoughts, and slowing down to reduce stress are vital areas that are important for success not only in students...but also adults...and educators of all areas!

good thoughtful reflection generating common sense solutions!

Excellent Training!

VERY RELEVANT!! I struggle with my students wanting constant guidance...working independently is something I wish came naturally!
+1

I have been in these situations, and have often reacted emotionally, with mediocre results. Through self-reflection and analyzing my reactions, I learned a lot about paying attention to what is really happening, and less about the behavior, if that makes sense. I have had much better results with my ability to control classrooms as a result. This webinar has helped to reinforce some of my personal learning, while offering good sound advice. =)
+3

I like the three expectations to be tayght right away! Useful advice.

Practical and useful.

very informative webinar, with helpful strategies

Useful information

Very helpful and packed with practical strategies
more reviews ...