Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Virtual Field Trips

Sites, tools, and tips that teachers and students can use for virtual field trips and explorations.

$127
Buy Now

Overview

While field trips can be great learning opportunities, they are often not possible due to cost, paperwork, and logistics. Virtual field trips offer a great way for you and your students to explore other countries, historical sites, museums, outer space, and more all without leaving the classroom! Discover a selection of sites and tools that are applicable to a variety of subjects and grade levels. You will also find ideas for global collaboration projects that include help promote multi-cultural respect and tolerance.

Details

Subject: SimpleK12 Assignments
Categories: Tools for Student Projects, Virtual Learning

Contents

• Virtual Field Trips
Kaleidoscope of Learning: K-12 Global Collaboration and Virtual Field Trips
Today's students need to be more globally aware and involved than ever, and you can help them explore the limitless possibilities of cross-cultural interactions via global collaboration projects!more...
Using Google Maps for Virtual Journeys
Have you ever wanted to take your students on a journey without leaving the classroom?more...
Around The World in Eighty Days: Virtual Field Trips with Google Tools
Field trips can be a fantastic learning experience for students.more...
Virtual Explorations and Field Trips with Google Tools
While Google is widely known for tools such as its search engine, Google Docs, Google Drive, and Gmail, many of its lesser known tools can be just as useful for teachers.more...

Reviews (8)

Loved this!

great...thankyou!

I enjoyed all the resources as well as all the information in this lesson
Basic Member

Thank you, Jerry for the super-duper info!
Basic Member

I really appreciate the webinar on Google Maps and all the different ways to take virtual field trips!

Enjoyed seeing all the websites and places I could take my students!

This was awesome! I can't wait to implement this in my class!

Great information!
more reviews ...