Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Addressing the Challenges of Poverty in the Classroom

Provides information on addressing the challenges of poverty in the classroom.

$97
Buy Now

Overview

Poverty is a struggle for many families Ė and thus, becomes a challenge for schools and communities. With over 47 million people living in poverty in the U.S. alone, it is more than just an economic and social problem. As educators, itís important to learn about the impact that poverty can have on a childís learning abilities. This course will help you learn about the impacts of poverty, and how to teach responsively to the needs of these students.

Details

Subject: SimpleK12 Assignments
Categories: Classroom Management, Counseling, Learning Theories & Strategies

Contents

• Addressing the Challenges of Poverty in the Classroom
Poverty 101: The Basics and 6 Different Types
If you are like most teachers, you likely have students in your class whose families are struggling with poverty.more...
Teaching with Poverty: The Impact and Strategies
Poverty impacts over 46 million people in this country, and is more than just an economic and social problem.more...
Teaching Students Living in Poverty Through a UDL Lens
With an estimated 16 million plus children living in poverty, it is perhaps inevitable that poverty impacts nearly every single community and school in the U.more...
Engaging Students Living in Poverty
Poverty impacts nearly every school in the U.more...

Reviews (41)

It's a lot to think about, and explains volumes in behavior
+2

This webinar de-bunks theories about children and poverty and gave useful techniques how to help all students deal with stress, regardless of economic background.

Learning about the differing types, misunderstandings, and student and parental communications was vital in viewing poverty in the classroom. Great seminar.

Good Job!

Encouraging and applicable.

Very informative.

Practical and helpful.

Informative

Thank you for the great information.

I learned so much that I can use with my students, thank you!
more reviews ...