Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

21 Things That Will Be Obsolete by 2020

First
Page 1 of 5
Last
+7
8 years ago
I found this article. It was a very interesting one with different points of view. I agree with the majority of the article such as the teachers need to be ready to embrace the digital world. I think it is going to be crucial to teachers be ready to use technology otherwise it will be very difficult to teach in the future. I totally agree with the differentiation instruction for each students, and technology gives you that possibility. I hope you enjoy the article and their links.

http://blogs.kqed.org/mindshift/2011/03/21-things-that-will-be-obsolete-by-2020/

Mariel
Basic Member
+3
8 years ago
Quote from Mariel Gomez de la Torre
I found this article. It was a very interesting one with different points of view. I agree with the majority of the article such as the teachers need to be ready to embrace the digital world. I think it is going to be crucial to teachers be ready to use technology otherwise it will be very difficult to teach in the future. I totally agree with the differentiation instruction for each students, and technology gives you that possibility. I hope you enjoy the article and their links.

http://blogs.kqed.org/mindshift/2011/03/21-things-that-will-be-obsolete-by-2020/

Mariel

Mariel,

Great article... really something to think about - 2020 isn't that far away...

Thanks for sharing!

Kellyann

+7
8 years ago
Hi Mariel!

wowowow... if all this will be obsolete, then... what will we do?? They forgot to include "teachers"!! loool

Smiles, Maria :)
+7
8 years ago
We have to change the way we teach. It has a complete change for education. Are we getting ready? I don't think so.

Basic Member
+9
8 years ago
The one about Wikipedia made me laugh. I have discussions with my colleagues all the time about how I think Wikipedia is a good source and most of them think I'm crazy.

Some of the things that are completely molding tomorrow's schools, classrooms, teachers etc. are highly dependent on technology and technology requires money which right now is very low on the priority list at the federal level and the state level. If we can't invest in our future generations we are doomed.

I like the article but for many localities it will be much later than 2020 and for some it is probably right on.
+7
8 years ago
Quote from D. Coleman
The one about Wikipedia made me laugh. I have discussions with my colleagues all the time about how I think Wikipedia is a good source and most of them think I'm crazy.

Some of the things that are completely molding tomorrow's schools, classrooms, teachers etc. are highly dependent on technology and technology requires money which right now is very low on the priority list at the federal level and the state level. If we can't invest in our future generations we are doomed.

I like the article but for many localities it will be much later than 2020 and for some it is probably right on.

Yeap... some of them will come after 2020 and some will never come! @Mariel... of course, we need to change tons of things in our teaching careers and thinking! Smiles to both, Maria :)

+7
8 years ago
That is correct, Maria!

+9
8 years ago
Interesting. It was written in 2009 as projection by an individual, without any real research in trends or supporting information. The comments on this page also showed how passionate people are about education. I just wish I could get teachers to stop locking kids out of the classroom when they're more than 5 minutes late to class.... My prediction: we're looking at much later than 2020 for some teachers and school leaders to embrace such changes. :-)
Basic Member
+6
8 years ago
Very interesting. It makes you think!!
+7
8 years ago
Great conversation!

First
Page 1 of 5
Last