Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Teacher/Classroom Website: Edmoto or Google ( or other) Site?

First
Page 1 of 3
Last
Basic Member
+4
7 years ago
I would like feedback on which direction to go this year with my website. Edmoto or other site?

I would like:

1- able to handle at least 6 different classes

2-secure...not public

3-able to manage classes, students....

4- able to use videos and other docs/ pieces for flipping

5-grading ability for mc/ short answer quizzes etc

6-interactive with students

7-student email not necessary

8-Free :)

9-parent access

Last year I used a section of our school website...but I need more! What are your thoughts? What have I left out?

Basic Member
+2
7 years ago
Edmodo sounds like it would be best to fit your needs. You can post all kinds of media, kids can turn things in, you can give quizzes, you can grade, comment, annotate papers. You can have a library of documents. You can have parent accounts. I can't really see any downside for using it in the ways that you mentioned.

A Google Site is probably a little easier to navigate but it is not as set up for the interactivity and privacy features you mention. You can do it, but Edmodo is already set up to do it.
Basic Member
+9
7 years ago
HI

You know you can connect Google Doc to your Edmondo account. It works well because you can put what you want into your library and then if you think about something you can pull it into the Edmondo account.

I belong to Edmondo and Sociology and my Sociology account seems more active. There are more people from various part of the world.
Basic Member
+9
7 years ago
The fourth graders at our school did a great job for Edmondo because of all the reasons that you listed. Plus you can connect Google docs to the site.

I will be using Edmondo for another purpose. I want to set up a collabrative group with the teachers who have my students in their class so i can keep up with their lessons and provide a place for them to put their remarks and data for the students. I have such a bad habit of laying things down. I am a piler.

Basic Member
+2
7 years ago
Just ran across this on Twitter. http://blog.web20classroom.org/2013/07/summer-learning-series-collaborative.html
Basic Member
+4
7 years ago
Quote from Michelle dragalin
HI

You know you can connect Google Doc to your Edmondo account. It works well because you can put what you want into your library and then if you think about something you can pull it into the Edmondo account.

I belong to Edmondo and Sociology and my Sociology account seems more active. There are more people from various part of the world.

Thanks...I will investigate Sociology. I used Google Docs for everything last year, but my students will probably not have personal email accounts this year and I need to work around that. :)
Basic Member
+4
7 years ago
Quote from Martha Thornburgh
Just ran across this on Twitter. http://blog.web20classroom.org/2013/07/summer-learning-series-collaborative.html

Awesome! Thanks!
Basic Member
+4
7 years ago
Quote from Michelle dragalin
The fourth graders at our school did a great job for Edmondo because of all the reasons that you listed. Plus you can connect Google docs to the site.

I will be using Edmondo for another purpose. I want to set up a collabrative group with the teachers who have my students in their class so i can keep up with their lessons and provide a place for them to put their remarks and data for the students. I have such a bad habit of laying things down. I am a piler.

Thanks Michelle...this sounds like a good plan!
Basic Member
+4
7 years ago
Quote from Martha Thornburgh
Edmodo sounds like it would be best to fit your needs. You can post all kinds of media, kids can turn things in, you can give quizzes, you can grade, comment, annotate papers. You can have a library of documents. You can have parent accounts. I can't really see any downside for using it in the ways that you mentioned.

A Google Site is probably a little easier to navigate but it is not as set up for the interactivity and privacy features you mention. You can do it, but Edmodo is already set up to do it.

Thank you, I was worried about grading writing, as I did it all through Google Docs last year, and without student emails....big problem! Edmodo sounds like a plan.
Basic Member
+3
7 years ago
Another option is Collaborize Classroom. Perhaps harder to navigate than Edmodo, but very versatile.
First
Page 1 of 3
Last
Click here to hide Ads

Coming Up Next