Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Art in any subject

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
+2
2 months ago
Hello!

I teach 6th-grade language arts and history. I would love to incorporate art more in the classroom for my creative thinkers.

I have done doodle pages, and I have also done things such as doodle notes. I have used playdoh to show how ancient civilizations may have written in the past. I would love to hear how other people have used art within their classroom and hopefully glean some neat ideas!

Thanks in advance for any potential ideas!
+2
2 months ago
I'm currently a music teacher, but when I taught social studies and English, I always tried to incorporate music that was period-related. For example, when my students were reading Moby Dick I would incorporate Sea Shanties. When they were learning about the Middle Ages, I'd play Gregorian Chant. When learning about the Industrial Revolution, I'd play Beethoven and Brahms. When learning about WWII, I'd play big band. Sometimes the kids would roll their eyes at "old music" but they always asked where the music was if I didn't have anything playing for our lessons.

One of my favorite assignments, though, was my world geography class. Students had to go on YouTube and find school-appropriate music from their assigned country and present the music along with a brief report on the country. They loved it.
+2
2 weeks ago
Thank you for the knowledge! I think my students would really enjoy doing something like that!
Basic Member
2 weeks ago
Nice post!
Basic Member
2 days ago
Quote from Kayla Sisneros
Hello!

I teach 6th-grade language arts and history. I would love to incorporate art more in the classroom for my creative thinkers.

I have done doodle pages, and I have also done things such as doodle notes. I have used playdoh to show how ancient civilizations may have written in the past. I would love to hear how other people have used art within their classroom and hopefully glean some neat ideas!

Thanks in advance for any potential ideas!
First
Page 1 of 1
Last