Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Google Meet for Kindergarten

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
3 months ago
I am running out of ideas for my Morning Meeting activities on my Kindergarten Google Meets. We enjoy playing "mystery bag", rhyming games, singing songs, and a few others. What other activities do you all recommend?
3 months ago
I have played Grandma Suitcase with my First Graders. I say to the kids “I am going on a trip, and I need to pack my grandmother’s suitcase." Student would say “I am going on a trip, and I am packing a dinosaur.” Then the next student says "I am going on a trip, and I am packing a dinosaur and a swimsuit."
+1
3 months ago
What about playing "mystery letter"? I like to play with my groups.

I use a small pocket chart and letter flashcards. I hide something small behind one letter. They take turns guessing the letter/sound. I remove the card to show if it is behind it. They get to practice letters or sounds and think it is so fun when they find the mystery letter. I have played this in person with sight words and letters and also on google meets.
3 months ago
I love both of those ideas! Thank you!
+7
3 months ago
Quote from kstuber@putnamcityschools.org
I am running out of ideas for my Morning Meeting activities on my Kindergarten Google Meets. We enjoy playing "mystery bag", rhyming games, singing songs, and a few others. What other activities do you all recommend?

Hi, have your tried a "bingo"? Sometimes it is fun, you can give them some options to draw for a period of time (or you can send the sheet in advance) and when you see them online, you can say some of the words they have. The one with all the ticked words you mentioned, is the winner.

You can also play "freeze". Make them listen some songs, and all of a sudden you stop it and they have to be frozen like statues. The one who moves 1st is the winner or the loser (as you prefer).

Hope those two help. Let me know

Smiles from Argentina,

Maria :)
3 months ago
Sound games

Have 2 objects with different initial sounds.

Introduce the objects (This is a cat, this is a pen) stress the initial sound.

Tell the children you want the one that starts with the sound /c/.

Have children guess which one you want.

You can also do this sounding out the word, if your children are ready.
3 months ago
Quote from marisa.punchios@phxschools.org
Sound games

Have 2 objects with different initial sounds.

Introduce the objects (This is a cat, this is a pen) stress the initial sound.

Tell the children you want the one that starts with the sound /c/.

Have children guess which one you want.

You can also do this sounding out the word, if your children are ready.

The kids love this activity.
First
Page 1 of 1
Last