Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Using twitter as a research tool

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
+5
4 months ago
Never really thought about it until last week during my writing class when the professor showed how to use twitter to search hashtags. Imagine citing twitter, never in my wildest dreams but it is accurately a great idea. How do you use twitter with teachers and/or students?
4 months ago
I just created a Twitter account about a week ago. However, I can see how using it for research could work, especially if you follow people who are in higher education or have advanced degrees. Those individuals will likely have followers and/or followings that may be applicable to the research a student is working on.
3 months ago
I really have never thought of twitter as a research tool before. Intriguing !
+7
3 months ago
Hi to you all, well... we have to bear in mind that Twitter is not the best example as a research tool. However, if you follow "big" and "famous" names (writers, authors, presenters), you can get a lot of information from them as they share a lot. Apart from that, official universities, newspapers, schools, etc also post links about different topics which can be useful when doing research. Greetings from Argentina, Maria :)
+5
3 months ago
Quote from Maria Bossa
Hi to you all, well... we have to bear in mind that Twitter is not the best example as a research tool. However, if you follow "big" and "famous" names (writers, authors, presenters), you can get a lot of information from them as they share a lot. Apart from that, official universities, newspapers, schools, etc also post links about different topics which can be useful when doing research. Greetings from Argentina, Maria :)

Hello

Thanks for your response

However if you are doing qualitative research ie narrative/case study which includes people responses via twitter is where you could quote individuals as it is their "view, words, voice". Just wanted to add that thought to the conversation.
+4
3 months ago
I am not sure how to validate some of the information found on twitter posts.
3 months ago
I am still not sure on using twitter with students but I like the idea of possibly using twitter to follow authors.
First
Page 1 of 1
Last