Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Flippity

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
5 months ago
https://www.flippity.net/

This is a great new website that I discovered. It takes a spreadsheet of information (often vocabulary terms with definitions), and turns it into some kind of manipulative or game!
+4
5 months ago
This is an awesome share. I am so excited to share this with teachers.
5 months ago
I could imagine most of these would work very well with small class sizes or in person as most of this stuff can be printed out and assessed that way. In the virtual world, while all really neat, how do you quantify the answers and assess the learned material from it? I want to make an online crossword puzzle, the puzzle was made, but how do I get it so that the kids can complete it and I can get the results from it? This does have a lot of cool ideas that can be used within the classroom without the need of the formal assessment, but I find that a lot of this loses value at the same time.

In a different world, where all of my materials are already created and I have free time again (because what's that as a teacher in Rona time?) some of this would be really neat to create just for a review on their own without the need to feel assessments are necessary. I don't have the time to create extra stuff on top of what I'm already creating that doesn't have a direct correlation to material I can work with in class. I already have flippity bookmarked for when times get a little less crazy.

I saw a PD that showed off how to use some of the features of Flippity and it does seem like it would be a really good share eventually.
5 months ago
I really enjoy the different types of games we can use from this site.
+5
5 months ago
Quote from williams@judaschool.com
https://www.flippity.net/

This is a great new website that I discovered. It takes a spreadsheet of information (often vocabulary terms with definitions), and turns it into some kind of manipulative or game!

Hello,

I just learned about this website a few days ago. Haven't looked at it yet. Great to know you can use with vocabulary which is a coaching focus for my teachers - now I'm definitely going to look at it.

Thanks for sharing
First
Page 1 of 1
Last