Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

annotating with stylus on Google Docs?

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
Basic Member
+10
4 years ago
Hello allI am converting myself to Google Suite, but often find it can come up short. Come on Google, you are intelligent folks!

Is there any way that I can open a Google Doc from one of my students and use a tablet or my Mac trackpad (I'm an Apple person) and annotate with a stylus? I'd love to be able to circle words or phrases and then handwrite a comment, be able to send it back to the student where they can read all of this.

Thanks!
Basic Member
4 years ago
Try screencastify. Watch this video https://community.simplek12.com/scripts/student/webinars/view.asp?id=5107 (screen castify)
Basic Member
+10
4 years ago
Thanks, but I'm not sure this does what I need. I'd love to open a Google Doc that a student sent to me, and then use my tablet and a stylus to annotate the Google Doc, without it changing into a PDF, and then return it to the student as a Google Doc. I don't think I can do this yet. But would love to know if it can be done!

Barbara

Last updated: 4 years ago

Basic Member
4 years ago
nice
4 years ago
That sounds like a lot of steps, convert, comment, convert, post...
Basic Member
3 years ago
Quote from hferber@ftusd.org
Try screencastify. Watch this video https://community.simplek12.com/scripts/student/webinars/view.asp?id=5107 five nights at freddy's (screen castify)

Thanks guys. It was helpful
Basic Member
1 year ago
Select "drawing" from the "insert" menu from within a Google Doc. Select "scribble" from the "line tool" pulldown menu. If your device has a touchscreen, bubble shooter you can use a stylus (or your finger) to write anything you want in your own handwriting.

Last updated: 1 year ago

Basic Member
10 months ago
When it comes to utilizing a stylus to write in Google Docs, the first step is to ensure that you have a suitable device. Most tablets have a touch-screen feature, DMV Practice Test so all that remains is to find the appropriate stylus. The procedure for drawing on Google Docs iPad is the same as it is for any other touch device.

Last updated: 7 months ago

Basic Member
4 months ago
I think it depends on access. You can be the one to create the original file and share it for students to practice doing exercises on. If so, the letters will be convenient mini crossword
Basic Member
2 months ago
If you're using Google Docs on a touchscreen device like a tablet or a 2-in-1 laptop with a stylus, minecraftle you can use the stylus to write or draw directly onto the screen over the document.
First
Page 1 of 1
Last