Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Virtual Parent-Teacher Conferences

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
+4
7 months ago
We are hosting our first VIRTUAL parent-teacher conferences this week. Any advice?
7 months ago
I suggest having some student work to share. My parents loved seeing that. I also invited the student to join us.
7 months ago
I just came looking for the same information! :)
+2
7 months ago
Parents usually love seeing what their child actually does. When the child can be there for at least part of the conference that is meaningful too.
6 months ago
How did this type of conference go? Any pros and cons to share?
6 months ago
I teach first grade and my conferences went well. Of course, we all missed sitting together in person and freely discussing their child's strengths and areas of concerns. We made do. I made a mini google slide presentation for each student to share with their parents.

The presentation helped keep us focused on the child and to not commiserate about our current learning situation.

There was a three page reference to synchronous, asynchronous learning, and the third page focused on our class/school and the type of learning we are using. Parents seemed to appreciate this and were thankful for what our profession is doing to make learning productive during the pandemic. Of course, everyone wants their children/students to be face-to-face in a classroom.
First
Page 1 of 1
Last