Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Virtual Learning

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
2 months ago
Do you think teachers should teach virtual the whole school year?
2 months ago
Although I do believe students learn best in a classroom, but that was prior to COVID-19 taking over our country and world. In regard to where the numbers are currently at, for our state, would be the deciding factor on how long we should be virtual. It is clear that the numbers have risen higher now, than when school closed down in March. If ALL residents of the state would do what is asked (ex: social distance, wear masks and stay home) the numbers would decrease. The sooner this is done, the better it will be for every one. Teachers can not effectively social distance in the our classrooms, with larger classrooms sizes. Until all these matters are address and corrected it is safest and best for everyone to stay home!
2 months ago
I agree. The reality is that children do not suffer from the disease the way that adults do. Some districts are requiring educators to still come into the building and teach even though we as adults contract and carry the disease with greater health concerns. The state mandates should be taken seriously and if children can not return to schools then adults should be remote as well. Social distancing is not beneficial if we all are not involved.
4 days ago
I think it is vital for students to be able to engage in face to face learning. It is not appropriate for a student to be in front of a screen for long periods of time. Students learn in so many different ways that screen time cannot address. The social aspect for kids is so important. Many feel disconnected and unhappy being in a bubble.
First
Page 1 of 1
Last