Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Chrome Books

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
+1
2 weeks ago
Looking for a recommendation for myself and my daughter. I heard the ones provided by the school are not so great. I teach there as well and had a lot of parent complaints during the closure. I'd prefer to get my daughter a mid-level one. She's going into 5th grade. Although I have a laptop I was considering getting one for myself as well. Suggestions please and thanks. :)
8 days ago
We have Chrome Books issued to our staff and it goes okaybut it's a little frustrating to type in usernames and passwords continually! Great for grab and go and touch screen/tablet capabilities though!
7 days ago
Does your district have Clever? Ours does and it is basically a landing spot where I can put sites that we access frequently (google classroom, IXL, Commonlit to name a few). Students basically log in to Clever (our younger students even have a badge/QR code to use to log in) and it logs students into all of the saved sites so they only need one password.
6 days ago
Hello Lori,

Clever is a life saver for our littles.
5 days ago
Quote from ASTONE@slpsb.org
Hello Lori,

Clever is a life saver for our littles.

Hello Mrs. Stone! What experiences have you had working with younger children using Chromebooks and clever?
5 days ago
I personally would not replace a laptop with a Chromebook. While they are helpful for things in the classroom, it has its limitations. I do use a one which the school district provided for me. I think getting one for your daughter might be a good idea, especially if they use Chromebooks at the middle school/high school level.
5 days ago
Is there a clear advantage to using Chromebooks in the lower grades over iPads?
+7
5 days ago
Quote from Amy Gromowski
Is there a clear advantage to using Chromebooks in the lower grades over iPads?

For me ipads are better, but chromebooks are cheaper.
Basic Member
+4
4 days ago
I feel chrome books are better and affordable. We use our QR code card to open the chrome book easily.
+7
3 days ago
Quote from ELM
I feel chrome books are better and affordable. We use our QR code card to open the chrome book easily.

I love QR codes are awesome!
First
Page 1 of 1
Last