Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Distance Learning High School Math

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
+3
2 weeks ago
Our school district is currently opening school back up with a 100% distance learning format. I have taught summer school math through distance learning by sharing my screen and writing notes on awwapp, as well as using google classroom for assignments and assessments. I am wondering what ideas anyone has whether it is for apps, behavior control, plagiarism check, or fun activities for their teenage students. Anything would help! Feel free to ask me questions over my experience over summer.
8 days ago
Did you use Classroom Attendance Tracker by any chance? I want to see how to go about keeping students focused during Google Meets. During summer school, 50% of students did not have cameras on, but about 90% interacted via chat. My concern is the 10% that are not even at their devices. When it comes down to it, it's their word against mine if i choose to deduct points for work habits. I feel that this could become a problem. I thought there was a program that allowed for random attendance taking throughout class that will time stamp when students respond.
+3
8 days ago
I used aeries for attendance and used constant CFU in order to have them type up answers. But even so it was difficult for me to determine if ALL students were participating. Even when I gave out exams I forced them to show camera feed and the issue is that even through grid format on meet it does not show EVERY student.
+3
8 days ago
If you find that app or program that randomly checks attendance send it over!! I am looking for something similar myself.
First
Page 1 of 1
Last