Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Boom Cards?

First
Page 1 of 2
Last
+3
3 weeks ago
Has anyone used these? A teacher at our school did a great PD on them but I am looking for even more training! Thank you!
+1
2 weeks ago
Yes. Love them! I discovered them during the closure. I've started making them. I'm no pro but you can let me know what questions you have and I'll try to answer them.
2 weeks ago
My students (kindergarteners) will not be permitted/able to download BOOM cards to their devices.

As the teacher how can I use? Zoom & share and work in a small group perhaps? any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
+1
2 weeks ago
Quote from Deidrea
My students (kindergarteners) will not be permitted/able to download BOOM cards to their devices.

As the teacher how can I use? Zoom & share and work in a small group perhaps? any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

I teach kindergarten as well. I don't believe a download is needed on the students' end. They will be given a web link. Depending on how the teacher sets it up they will either log in or use the given PIN.
9 days ago
I know teachers must have a Boom Learning membership to use this app (wow.boomlearning.com). Wouldn't students also need to download the app?
9 days ago
Could whoever is over technology in your school grant permission for the Boom app? Especially now that schools are teaching remotely, students and teachers need access to non-print resources.
9 days ago
I am new to Boom Cards but from what I have discovered you can send out a link to what they call FastPlay and no account it needed; however, with the FastPlay no data is recorded from their play. If you want to gather data and reports they have to have an account. I haven't investigated that option fully as we haven't been given our class lists yet. I do know that you can easily import your Google Classroom list into Boom Learning to make that easy and I don't believe you have to do the, "copy for each student" option when assigning it but don't quote me on that :)
+1
9 days ago
Quote from barbaracoble@parklaneacademy.net
Could whoever is over technology in your school grant permission for the Boom app? Especially now that schools are teaching remotely, students and teachers need access to non-print resources.

I don't believe access is needed. The teacher would send a link to the students and they would access the activity that way.
+1
9 days ago
Quote from barbaracoble@parklaneacademy.net
I know teachers must have a Boom Learning membership to use this app (wow.boomlearning.com). Wouldn't students also need to download the app?

Your students would use the link you send them.
9 days ago
Thanks!
First
Page 1 of 2
Last