Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Planning

First
Page 1 of 2
Last
10 months ago
Our district has given students three options. In class, virtual, and blended. I've seen tons of discussions about how to manage social distancing in the classroom, but not having any idea about how many students will opt for each method, makes it almost impossible to even plan ahead. It really could be all of them, or none of them. Because of that, I'm having great difficulty knowing where to focus my time. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
+5
10 months ago
Our school has a tentative plan that is blended with a remote and in school plan with A & B schedules but not a final plan until Aug. 1. Another piece of the puzzle is if the Gov. of NJ changes his mind. The other week he mentioned something about schools possibly not opening. So many unknowns with Politicians and Admins. Teachers, students, parents/guardians are all torn. As for planning, I am doing some PD and purging but most of all trying to relax and enjoy my days for know because once word is official, I am sure we will all be planning for the best. Good luck to all!
10 months ago
My district is planning on full online for all students for the first quarter. They've also been developing an online and in-person option for when the students can come back to school campuses. When that happens, the district office is sending out a survey to all the parents to get an idea of how many would be choosing which option for their children. Maybe that's something to suggest to your district? It's not set in stone or anything but it would give an idea of numbers and where to focus your attention.
10 months ago
I really like that they are surveying the families. I really hope my administration decides to do that.
10 months ago
I'm not a huge fan of online, but it really seems like the only option that you can be sure won't change at the last second. Good luck!
10 months ago
That's pretty much where I am too :)
+4
10 months ago
We are planning to review what was missed for the first three weeks, then go on to the grade level curriculum.
Basic Member
+4
10 months ago
Preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. We created 3 plans! It is very likely that all three plans will be used at different times of the school year. We will continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 in our community and announce in late July or early August under which plan (A - Reunited, B - Strict Social Distancing, or C - Distance Learning) we will start school on August 17. As the year progresses, it is likely we will have to move from one plan to another depending on the infection rate in our community. We understand that being flexible to move from one plan to another will continue to require a good deal from our families and community.
+1
10 months ago
We surveyed in June and are doing another round again soon. Parents have two options, in-person or remote. Admin will make decisions based on feed back. We could have some doing in-person and others doing remote.
10 months ago
Our situations sound very similar. The thought of having to manage multiple methods, does scare me a little. Good luck!
First
Page 1 of 2
Last