Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Hyperdocs

First
Page 1 of 3
Last
1 month ago
Does anyone know a good resource to look to for these? The website itself does not have the best tutorials and I find it intriguing and overwhelming.

https://hyperdocs.co/
+4
1 month ago
When I was working on my Level 2 Google Certification, I thought this page walked me through creating hyperdocs really well.

https://teachercenter.withgoogle.com/advanced_training/unit?unit=36&lesson=40

I was logged into the teacher training center so maybe you will have to log in. Have you worked with the training center for Google Suite for Education?
+7
1 month ago
Quote from mlgrotti@garlandisd.net
When I was working on my Level 2 Google Certification, I thought this page walked me through creating hyperdocs really well.

I was logged into the teacher training center so maybe you will have to log in. Have you worked with the training center for Google Suite for Education?

No, I haven't. I am going to start with the process. Any tips!
+4
1 month ago
Quote from Mariel Gomez de la Torre

My district is a Google Reference District so we were told in April that we all had to have our Level I Google Certification. I started making my way through the Fundamentals training and learned a lot. I passed the test for Level I and thought that I should go ahead with Level II. I figured that it's only a matter of time before that is required as well. I believe that you have to attend (virtually now) a Google training or complete the online training. I believe that completing the online training is better because you have more opportunities to practice the tools and make them relevant to your situation.

The test is comprised of multiple choice questions and approximately 11 - 12 scenarios that have anywhere from 1 - 5 steps within each. In the scenarios you have to use the Google Suite for Education tools. The test is timed - 3 hours - and observed through the camera on your device - ProctorU.

There seem to be a lot of good resources on here for Google but I would still work through the online course information. Also, I recommend playing with the tools: set up a site for your classroom, work with Google Classroom, create Google Forms and practice sharing them to be edited or viewed only. Know how to share the documents, learn how to sort in Sheets, become familiar with gmail - especially if that's not your normal email account. I had to remind myself that I was using gmail and not outlook because my district email is outlook.

If you have any specific questions be sure to check in or message me. It was fun to learn - because I am a nerd and love to learn - but it is a very dense product with so many uses.

One last thing, the test used to be open-book meaning that you could look up parts you are unfamiliar with - not that you had a lot of time to do so, but it was nice to know you could... Now, I think (with ProctorU), you can use your notes but you cannot have an additional computer or tablet to look things up. So you will want to have notes on areas you might feel weaker on - for example, YouTube comes up often. If you don't have a channel, haven't created a playlist, etc... that will be more difficult.

Best of luck as you become googley!

Last updated: 1 month ago

+7
1 month ago

My district is a Google Reference District so we were told in April that we all had to have our Level I Google Certification. I started making my way through the Fundamentals training and learned a lot. I passed the test for Level I and thought that I should go ahead with Level II. I figured that it's only a matter of time before that is required as well. I believe that you have to attend (virtually now) a Google training or complete the online training. I believe that completing the online training is better because you have more opportunities to practice the tools and make them relevant to your situation.

The test is comprised of multiple choice questions and approximately 11 - 12 scenarios that have anywhere from 1 - 5 steps within each. In the scenarios you have to use the Google Suite for Education tools. The test is timed - 3 hours - and observed through the camera on your device - ProctorU.

There seem to be a lot of good resources on here for Google but I would still work through the online course information. Also, I recommend playing with the tools: set up a site for your classroom, work with Google Classroom, create Google Forms and practice sharing them to be edited or viewed only. Know how to share the documents, learn how to sort in Sheets, become familiar with gmail - especially if that's not your normal email account. I had to remind myself that I was using gmail and not outlook because my district email is outlook.

If you have any specific questions be sure to check in or message me. It was fun to learn - because I am a nerd and love to learn - but it is a very dense product with so many uses.

One last thing, the test used to be open-book meaning that you could look up parts you are unfamiliar with - not that you had a lot of time to do so, but it was nice to know you could... Now, I think (with ProctorU), you can use your notes but you cannot have an additional computer or tablet to look things up. So you will want to have notes on areas you might feel weaker on - for example, YouTube comes us often. If you don't have a channel, haven't created a playlist, etc... that will be more difficult.

Best of luck as you become googley!

Thank you so much for all this information as I am getting and preparing to do this. Question can you post the link where do you start for registration and what should I start to do first. Are you in twitter? mine is @MGomezdelaTorre
+4
1 month ago

Thank you so much for all this information as I am getting and preparing to do this. Question can you post the link where do you start for registration and what should I start to do first. Are you in twitter? mine is @MGomezdelaTorre

I am on twitter @dghtymusicrocks

The link to the training center is here: https://teachercenter.withgoogle.com/training

You will need to log in and you will probably want to start with the foundations training. Each unit that you start will have a list of the tools of the Google Suite and an option to click on the tool and find out information about it.

Good luck with the training! Some of the Google Suite is so much fun to use. I think I spent days working on my Google Site!!

Last updated: 1 month ago

+7
1 month ago

The link to the training center is here: https://teachercenter.withgoogle.com/training

You will need to log in and you will probably want to start with the foundations training. Each unit that you start will have a list of the tools of the Google Suite and an option to click on the tool and find out information about it.

Good luck with the training! Some of the Google Suite is so much fun to use. I think I spent days working on my Google Site!!

Itís not about teaching technology, itís about using technology to TEACH. I love this quote!
+7
1 month ago

Thank you so much!
+4
1 month ago
Is your district promoting getting Google Certified for the teachers? If they are, you should check and see if they have any incentive for you to become certified (ours was just a T-shirt - I'm not talking about pay). If they are trying to get you all to become certified they might be paying for the test. It's a $10 fee for Level 1 and a $25 fee for Level 2.
+7
1 month ago
Is your district promoting getting Google Certified for the teachers? If they are, you should check and see if they have any incentive for you to become certified (ours was just a T-shirt - I'm not talking about pay). If they are trying to get you all to become certified they might be paying for the test. It's a $10 fee for Level 1 and a $25 fee for Level 2.

No at all, but I want to the coaching but you need to complete level 1 & 2 to do that one.
First
Page 1 of 3
Last