Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Canvas - learning platform

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
+4
11 months ago
Last semester - during the unforeseen crisis we all experienced - my district required 3-12 grade to use Google Classroom and PK-2 grade to use SeeSaw. During the school board meeting a couple of days ago, they said that these were too difficult for parents and they wanted to use Canvas as a single sign on for all grade levels. I have looked it up but have read a mix of reviews. Has anyone on here had experience from the teacher side with Canvas? During the digital AVID conference last week, I used Canvas as a student but now we are all starting over with a new program. It's a bit discouraging. Anyone have any tips or tricks for canvas - or even a positive experience??
Basic Member
+3
11 months ago
I think my district is moving to Canvas as well. I hope SimpleK12 comes up with some videos like they did for Google. They were so helpful!
10 months ago
Our admin sent word just today that we will be using Canvas with grades 6-12 and Google Classroom with K-5. I am new to both of these. I am going to need mega help!

So...I hope there will be some info coming our way on Canvas. I teach gifted education for grades 2-8 so I will be required to learn both and quickly...
+4
10 months ago
Quote from lhardin@tcsk12.com
Our admin sent word just today that we will be using Canvas with grades 6-12 and Google Classroom with K-5. I am new to both of these. I am going to need mega help!

So...I hope there will be some info coming our way on Canvas. I teach gifted education for grades 2-8 so I will be required to learn both and quickly...

Thereís a lot of information on here about Google Classroom and from what I have heard you should be able to integrate Google Classroom into Canvas. But I hope someone will do a webinar on it soon!!
10 months ago
Yes, we must learn Canvas this year as well. I hope we get some help with this. I need to learn all the steps.
10 months ago
Iím moving to a new school this year and they do canvas. I need tutoring on it. Iím good at google, Iíve just never used canvas.
+4
10 months ago
I found a GEG that is having a training on Canvas. The first training was the 16th of July. Here is the link to the YouTube video they made of the YouTube live training:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xmy6Q_81R0&app=desktop#menu

They said that they decided to do a series but haven't announced any additional trainings yet.

Hope this helps.
10 months ago
Thank you!!!!
6 months ago
Quote from mlgrotti@garlandisd.net
I found a GEG that is having a training on Canvas. The first training was the 16th of July. Here is the link to the YouTube video they made of the YouTube live training:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xmy6Q_81R0&app=desktop#menu

They said that they decided to do a series but haven't announced any additional trainings yet.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for this info!
First
Page 1 of 1
Last