Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

coding

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
2 months ago
I just finished viewing an encore presentation on coding for young students, presented by Brenda Hauff. This presentation occurred in June of 2018, so it is still fairly recent. Brenda presents a wealth of information regarding coding for younger students, and why it is important. The future is wide open for people who have these skills. I feel like I am more in line with the pre-K kids who are learning drag and drop coding. This is OK for me though because I will grow with the kids as I learn. If you are interested: Kids Need to Code: Introducing Your Elementary Students to Coding - you will learn a ton!

Last updated: 2 months ago

2 months ago
Code.org is great. I use it in my classroom. My kids really took to it and it is free.
2 months ago
I agree that Code.org is a great program for students of all ages to learn. The people of Code.org are great to work with and will support you all the way. I have had a great experience learning the program and having my students work on it.
2 months ago
Quote from jardinea@usd320.com
I agree that Code.org is a great program for students of all ages to learn. The people of Code.org are great to work with and will support you all the way. I have had a great experience learning the program and having my students work on it.

Thank you for this valuable insight. I am just beginning, and completely overwhelmed. Any thoughts pro or con are very helpful. Thanks again! =)
+1
2 months ago
Quote from amj1961@sbcglobal.net

Is code.org a free program?
+5
2 months ago
Code.org is a great program and is free!
First
Page 1 of 1
Last