Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

GETTING IT ALL DONE...

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
+1
2 months ago
I teach ELA and Social Studies and I struggle with getting it all planned and ready for the following week. I am thinking about trying to plan things out by the month, with flexibility because we all know things pop into our daily schedule. My biggest issue is getting all the components of ELA prepped at ready. Any tips, tricks, or ideas to make the most use of my time?
1 month ago
How long have you been teaching? I've changed grade levels so many times that I'm never planned to far ahead, but I do know my district pacing guides by subject and grade level very well. Don't stress out on trying to have it all planned follow the pacing guides and save things you have done this year in binders or computer files for next year with notes to refer to. No two years are the same anyway...thanks covid-19 never thought I'd be teaching virtually and I have zero plans for this. Best of luck.
+7
1 month ago
Quote from buzzellb@milwaukee.k12.wi.us
How long have you been teaching? I've changed grade levels so many times that I'm never planned to far ahead, but I do know my district pacing guides by subject and grade level very well. Don't stress out on trying to have it all planned follow the pacing guides and save things you have done this year in binders or computer files for next year with notes to refer to. No two years are the same anyway...thanks covid-19 never thought I'd be teaching virtually and I have zero plans for this. Best of luck.

Hi! I agree with you! Though we have to plan "one complete year", this time we have had to cancel all our plannings due to COVID. These days we are planning for only 4 weeks ahead as we are starting winter holidays next month (July). Things change every minute every day so... no future plans for the time being! Smiles from Argentina, Maria :)
First
Page 1 of 1
Last