Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Websites and Apps not longer in use

First
Page 1 of 2
Last
+7
3 months ago
Hi to you all,

With this quarantine at full, I have had to start looking for tons of websites and apps I used to use. When I visited them, I happened to find that some of them are no longer in use or are not free, for example: Voxopop or Capzles. Have you found any other? Looking forward to reading from you. Smiles from Argentina, Maria :)
+7
3 months ago
Quote from Maria Bossa
Hi to you all,

With this quarantine at full, I have had to start looking for tons of websites and apps I used to use. When I visited them, I happened to find that some of them are no longer in use or are not free, for example: Voxopop or Capzles. Have you found any other? Looking forward to reading from you. Smiles from Argentina, Maria :)

Are you familiar with flipgrid? What grade level are you teaching?
+7
3 months ago
Quote from Maria Bossa
Hi to you all,

check the magazine from NCDPI which is from North Carolina Department of Education from the ESL dpt. I wrote an article about co-teaching and zoom classes and also there is at the end of the magazine about tech webinars too! Check it out !Nice to have you back Maria!

https://simplebooklet.com/april2020update?fbclid=IwAR0H14ZDMScjRkj6O9jUSqxSYOpKqaPC798yQgKQ6788AkwdxbaW1rPBOn0#page=8
+7
3 months ago
Hi, I never heard / read of flipgrid. I teach secondary level. I will suf the net and find out about it!

Smiles, Maria :)
Basic Member
3 months ago
I use Flipgrid for my classes. I actually got introduced to Flipgrid by some friends who work for the California State Parks. It's very simple to use and the site has all kinds of interesting topics based on subjects whether it's science, math, jokes of the day, talents or skills. You can set up your class to receive notifications for when you add lessons. Students can choose to do video responses that are then sent to you. You can watch the video responses, comment, highlight their responses for other students to become engaged in with conversation and their own questions.

My 4th graders beg me all the time to add more because they'll literally watch every single video, respond.

Check it out.
+7
3 months ago
Thanks! Great job!! Smiles :)
3 months ago
I work in California and I've been using Flipgrid with my 3rd graders since the shutdown. It's a great resource and my students love it. I particularly like the virtual field trips that link with code.org and also that they have a lot of material that works with Epic. Their digital library is full of great resources and it was very easy to set up. Students can use on laptops, phones or iPads. It's a great tool!
3 months ago
I have been using Brainpop.com and happynumbers.com. Brainpop you can sign up with you school for free right now and they have the core subjects plus more topics and the kids can watch videos, take a quiz, make a movie, play a game. Happy Numbers is Math and they are leveled according to their abilities...some of my students say it is repetitive, but for others they like it...
3 months ago
I am going to check out Flipgrid. Thank you.
3 months ago
I too use Flipgrid, and I have started to use Nearpod Collaborate (free for now) for daily quick writes or responses. I am very lucky to have a district with many resources such as BrainPop, i-Ready, and NEWSELA. My school additionally paid for FRECKLE and FLOCABULARY, which I love. I use ZEARN for math instruction in class and now continue to use remotely.
First
Page 1 of 2
Last