Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Digital Footprints of Students

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
Basic Member
1 month ago
https://www.teachthought.com/the-future-of-learning/11-tips-for-students-tomanage-their-digital-footprints/

What are your thoughts and how do you manage this in your classroom/school?
+8
1 month ago
Quote from Donnamarie Eckhardt
https://www.teachthought.com/the-future-of-learning/11-tips-for-students-tomanage-their-digital-footprints/

It is extremely important. I taught teenagers for 15 years, but they didn't believe me. I think this should be taught as part of their education.
+6
1 month ago
Quote from Mariel Gomez de la Torre

It is extremely important. I taught teenagers for 15 years, but they didn't believe me. I think this should be taught as part of their education.

I certainly agree with you on this. However, many schools seem limited on time and tend to "assume" students already have a handle on this since today they are considered the "digital age" ones. We need to remember to voice this often even for the adults.
Basic Member
1 month ago
Unfortunately, I have been teaching at a small, rural Christian school which did not have a lot of technology. Next year I will be teaching at a school that has a little bit more so thank you for sharing this link to get me started in sharing this with my students. Hopefully, after this year I will have more to share:)
+8
1 month ago
Quote from deckhardt
Quote from Mariel Gomez de la Torre

I certainly agree with you on this. However, many schools seem limited on time and tend to "assume" students already have a handle on this since today they are considered the "digital age" ones. We need to remember to voice this often even for the adults.

Absolutely, we need to do it!
+8
1 month ago
Quote from jennifer1mac@gmail.com
Unfortunately, I have been teaching at a small, rural Christian school which did not have a lot of technology. Next year I will be teaching at a school that has a little bit more so thank you for sharing this link to get me started in sharing this with my students. Hopefully, after this year I will have more to share:)

Remember your school might not have the technology, but students do have at home a cell phone, tablet or computer.
1 month ago
I've had talks with my students about their digital footprint-how everything that they put out there can be found and it can be one day held against them. That inappropriate rant or picture may one day be seen by that college admissions board or a future employer and yes, they will be judged. When I previously worked for a billion dollar company in the financial field, I used to be one of those people checking out people's social media before an interview. And yes, we judged based on what we saw. It's important for them to be aware of this and be more careful.

Last updated: 1 month ago

+10
1 month ago
Quote from jgarcia@marblehillschool.org
I've had talks with my students about their digital footprint-how everything that they put out there can be found and it can be one day held against them. That inappropriate rant or picture may one day be seen by that college admissions board or a future employer and yes, they will be judged. When I previously worked for a billion dollar company in the financial field, I used to be one of those people checking out people's social media before an interview. And yes, we judged based on what we saw. It's important for them to be aware of this and be more careful.

I agree that it is valuable for students to understand this. I wonder if there are any real-life examples of how applicants miss out of interviews or get fired because of their social media presence.
+10
1 month ago

This is great information. I know many young people stopped using Facebook and opt for apps that don't "save" your information. There is a lot of misinformation out there for students. This would be a great resource to help students and adults be more informed.
First
Page 1 of 1
Last