Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Joni J: Synopsis on what I learned

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
1 month ago
I learned how to navigate simplek12.com using a scavenger hunt worksheet. I think it would be great if instead of sitting in a Professional Development lecture every time we do PD, we are just told to go on this website and watch/read resources. I want to use this website more but I would do it more efficiently if being on here was scheduled into a work day, rather than something I find time for on my own. I want to develop as a teacher, however I want to get paid for my development. My profession is something I take seriously, however it is not my life. I am type A in this regard, I would like to work when I am at work and NOT WORK when I am not at work.
1 month ago
Good work.
1 month ago
g thanks!
+8
1 month ago
Quote from jjantzi@ccsd.k12.or.us
I learned how to navigate simplek12.com using a scavenger hunt worksheet. I think it would be great if instead of sitting in a Professional Development lecture every time we do PD, we are just told to go on this website and watch/read resources. I want to use this website more but I would do it more efficiently if being on here was scheduled into a work day, rather than something I find time for on my own. I want to develop as a teacher, however I want to get paid for my development. My profession is something I take seriously, however it is not my life. I am type A in this regard, I would like to work when I am at work and NOT WORK when I am not at work.

Well, I became a member in 2013. I had presented to my school system to the superintendent. When she saw all the benefits, the school bought the membership to everyone. If your school has the benefit of having simple k12, you could have access to all and also access only to you school. They could put school PD only seen by school member. Also another tip is that when you are active here, you obtain points by learning that can be change for t-shirts, bunny shoes and more. I have been so active that a couple of years ago, I made enough points and I won a week to go to Montana to a beautiful resort with my bunny shoes.
First
Page 1 of 1
Last