Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Utilizing Technology in the Special Education Classroom

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
Limited Access Member
5 months ago
Something I recently learned more about by watching webinars focused on the use of technology (apps, websites, etc.) to help students with reading and writing, is that there are almost unlimited resources out there, many of which are free. These are great for differentiating lessons and/or skills that you may be working on in order to target the specific learning needs of individual students. There are so many options out there that allow kids to learn and create things based on their individual style. Also, just the simple fact that paper/pencil may not be the best tools for kids to learn these days as we move into a more digital age. Kids today are often much more comfortable navigating various devices, which in itself removes a barrier. All of this being said, I would encourage anyone looking for strategies/ideas for teaching in the special education classroom, or the general education setting, to check out what digital tools are out there. Any sites, apps, resources people would like to share, as well as experiences with using technology in this area would be greatly appreciated.
+8
5 months ago
Quote from JB22
Something I recently learned more about by watching webinars focused on the use of technology (apps, websites, etc.) to help students with reading and writing, is that there are almost unlimited resources out there, many of which are free. These are great for differentiating lessons and/or skills that you may be working on in order to target the specific learning needs of individual students. There are so many options out there that allow kids to learn and create things based on their individual style. Also, just the simple fact that paper/pencil may not be the best tools for kids to learn these days as we move into a more digital age. Kids today are often much more comfortable navigating various devices, which in itself removes a barrier. All of this being said, I would encourage anyone looking for strategies/ideas for teaching in the special education classroom, or the general education setting, to check out what digital tools are out there. Any sites, apps, resources people would like to share, as well as experiences with using technology in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Have you navigate on the resources page? You can click under special education and you will see so many great resources that teachers upload there. I encourage you to check it you the resources page. Also there are a lot of webinars that are for special education.
First
Page 1 of 1
Last