Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Special education usage

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
5 months ago
I work with ED students at the middle school level. We have a one to one laptop roll out at our school. However, sometimes it is difficult to keep students fully engaged in the lesson and to keep them from tuning out when they have the tech device in front of them. We have moved from using them for instruction to using them as reinforcement. If anyone has any suggestions on ways I can improve this, I would greatly appreciate it.
5 months ago
We don't use technology every day on the HS level, but our students love to use it for Kahoot, Quizizz, and Quizlet. If you can integrate that in not everyday but maybe a couple times a week or so, it may be helpful. Also, what about an online exit ticket as a routine?
+8
5 months ago
Quote from jgarcia@marblehillschool.org
We don't use technology every day on the HS level, but our students love to use it for Kahoot, Quizizz, and Quizlet. If you can integrate that in not everyday but maybe a couple times a week or so, it may be helpful. Also, what about an online exit ticket as a routine?

I agree with you. I think specially Kahoot students love it.
Basic Member
5 months ago
Quote from Meghan Porter
I work with ED students at the middle school level. We have a one to one laptop roll out at our school. However, sometimes it is difficult to keep students fully engaged in the geometry dash lesson and to keep them from tuning out when they have the tech device in front of them. We have moved from using them for instruction to using them as reinforcement. If anyone has any suggestions on ways I can improve this, I would greatly appreciate it.

My students love to use it for Quizlet and Kahoot.
Basic Member
5 months ago
well information who needs especial education
+8
5 months ago
Quote from Walter Smith
well information who needs especial education

Here is another list for apps that can be used for special education:

https://www.eschoolnews.com/2018/05/30/10-apps-for-students-with-special-needs/
First
Page 1 of 1
Last