Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

behavorial

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
Basic Member
7 months ago
Question: When working with students that have a BIP in Bsi classroom, what would be the primary focus to work on? Example: Social Skills? Academics?

Student who dont want to do their lesson but are being diruptive? refusal to follow direction?

Thoughts on Student who get in your personal space? showing disrespect?

Any tips would be appreciate?
Basic Member
7 months ago
This really depends on what the student need is, and where you need to make the most progress. I do suggest not having too many goals at once. That can get overwhelming to track. It's often a matter of trial and error to see what different students respond to. Phrasing things in a positive and praising small achievements rather than focusing on the negative. (This only works of the students responds well to praise, not all do.) Good luck!
7 months ago
Teacher Praise: An Efficient Tool to Motivate Students

Teacher praise is one tool that can be a powerful motivator for students. Surprisingly, research suggests that praise is underused in both general- and special-education classrooms (Brophy, 1981; Hawkins & Heflin, 2011; Kern, 2007).

This guide offers recommendations to instructors for using praise to maximize its positive impact.Effective teacher praise consists of two elements: (1) a description of noteworthy student academic performance or general behavior, and (2) a signal of teacher approval (Brophy, 1981; Burnett, 2001).

https://www.interventioncentral.org/behavioral-interventions/motivation/teacher-praise-efficient-tool-motivate-students
Basic Member
6 months ago
Thank you for taking the time to respond and the tips.
Basic Member
6 months ago
thank you for taking the time to respond and the reference page.
+6
6 months ago
Great resource. Thank you for sharing.
Basic Member
+3
1 month ago
I agree having to many goals at once can be overwhelming!
1 month ago
This is a wonderful question, that does not have an exact answer. Since each student is an individual and will react differently, you will need to prioritize your strategies while defusing a situation.
+3
4 weeks ago
Quote from klincoln@sspeterandpaulschool.com
Teacher Praise: An Efficient Tool to Motivate Students

Teacher praise is one tool that can be a powerful motivator for students. Surprisingly, research suggests that praise is underused in both general- and special-education classrooms (Brophy, 1981; Hawkins & Heflin, 2011; Kern, 2007).

This guide offers recommendations to instructors for using praise to maximize its positive impact.Effective teacher praise consists of two elements: (1) a description of noteworthy student academic performance or general behavior, and (2) a signal of teacher approval (Brophy, 1981; Burnett, 2001).

https://www.interventioncentral.org/behavioral-interventions/motivation/teacher-praise-efficient-tool-motivate-students

Great resource to use in my classroom! Iím trying this out!
3 weeks ago
It's all about that positive praise! I also use my humor to get the students and myself through these long days!
First
Page 1 of 1
Last