Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

CERTIFICATE of ATTENDANCE

First
Page 1 of 2
Last
Basic Member
2 weeks ago
I signed up for a FREE webinar upon your invitation as a basic member and received no reply to my email. Is it true I cannot get a certificate of attendance unless I pay over $300 for membership? $1 a day advertising is NOT pay AS you GO, but you pay for an entire year; there isn't material I can use every day, so I'd be spending for a whole year which is more than I can spend for school since I don't have any school budget where I am at. I really hope this is not the case that I don't get a CERTIFICATE. If so, this is a real turn off. I really need a certificate not free "bunny shoes."

I would appreciate a reply to the email you used to invite me to this FREE webinar that doesn't highlight NO CERTIFICATE.

FYI, all basic members, Edwebnet also participates in FREE webinars, that includes FREE membership and FREE CERTIFICATES OF ATTENDANCE at no cost and without withholding certificates unless members pay over $300 like simplek12.

Very unhappy so far.

Last updated: 2 weeks ago

2 weeks ago
I am a member at both EdWebNet and SimpleK12, but I find myself using SimpleK12 more, partly because an entire webinar takes only about 1/2 hour, and the presenters are always high quality, typically with classroom experience. (Many more EdWeb resources seem tied to a commercial product.) For peers who don't want a paid membership, I send then notices of the free sessions. I persuaded our district to accept a teacher's notes taken during the session as evidence of participation when they don't receive a certificate.
+5
2 weeks ago
Quote from Mrs. C. Kai
I signed up for a FREE webinar upon your invitation as a basic member and received no reply to my email. Is it true I cannot get a certificate of attendance unless I pay over $300 for membership? $1 a day advertising is NOT pay AS you GO, but you pay for an entire year; there isn't material I can use every day, so I'd be spending for a whole year which is more than I can spend for school since I don't have any school budget where I am at. I really hope this is not the case that I don't get a CERTIFICATE. If so, this is a real turn off. I really need a certificate not free "bunny shoes."

I would appreciate a reply to the email you used to invite me to this FREE webinar that doesn't highlight NO CERTIFICATE.

FYI, all basic members, Edwebnet also participates in FREE webinars, that includes FREE membership and FREE CERTIFICATES OF ATTENDANCE at no cost and without withholding certificates unless members pay over $300 like simplek12.

Very unhappy so far.

SimpleK12 has many special offers, Just stay tuned and you may be able to get in with a major discount. I paid the $300 dollars but for 3 years... Good Luck!
+8
2 weeks ago
Quote from Profe Moreno
Quote from Mrs. C. Kai

Very unhappy so far.

SimpleK12 has many special offers, Just stay tuned and you may be able to get in with a major discount. I paid the $300 dollars but for 3 years... Good Luck!

I bought my membership in 2013 for 140 dollars for two years. Since then, I am very active and for your earn points for things you do inside the community and with your points you can buy your membership for 6 month or 1 year. I also share it with my superintendent a couple of years ago. Finally, the school system bought for the system. Great place to learn!
+8
2 weeks ago
Quote from Mrs. C. Kai

Very unhappy so far.

For the free events you should have your certificate.
+8
2 weeks ago
Quote from Mrs. C. Kai

Very unhappy so far.

I think you need to wait for 48 hours to be able to go to your profile to print it. Have you checked it?
Basic Member
+2
2 weeks ago
Quote from Profe Moreno
Quote from Mrs. C. Kai

Very unhappy so far.

Seems like a pretty good deal. Most PD cost much more.
Basic Member
+2
2 weeks ago
Quote from Mrs. C. Kai

Very unhappy so far.

But which is the better product...Edwebnet or SimpleK12?
Basic Member
+2
2 weeks ago
Quote from g.winters
I am a member at both EdWebNet and SimpleK12, but I find myself using SimpleK12 more, partly because an entire webinar takes only about 1/2 hour, and the presenters are always high quality, typically with classroom experience. (Many more EdWeb resources seem tied to a commercial product.) For peers who don't want a paid membership, I send then notices of the free sessions. I persuaded our district to accept a teacher's notes taken during the session as evidence of participation when they don't receive a certificate.

Your district seems progressive in accepting a teacher's notes on sessions.
+8
2 weeks ago
Quote from E Ortiz_ofs
Quote from Profe Moreno
Quote from Mrs. C. Kai

Very unhappy so far.

Seems like a pretty good deal. Most PD cost much more.

I agree
First
Page 1 of 2
Last