Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Has anyone used Skype for education recently?

First
Page 1 of 2
Last
+5
1 year ago
I am interested in using Skype for education... I am curious if anyone has used it, What was your experience? Can you share how you use it?
Basic Member
+2
1 year ago
I am curious as to how some of the practitioners here on SimpleK12 might be using it in their classrooms.

Last updated: 1 year ago

Basic Member
+3
11 months ago
Quote from Profe Moreno
I am interested in using Skype for education... I am curious if anyone has used it, What was your experience? Can you share how you use it?

I have recently been informed about Skype for education and I am wanting to try it in my classroom. I too wonder what others experiences are like.
11 months ago
Skype is a telecommunications application software product that specializes in providing video chat and voice calls between computers.

Our tech person set it up for our students with an author of a book and it went well. The students had read the book prior to speaking with the author so their questions would not be repeated.

I have several friends that have used Skype for an interview process.
+3
11 months ago
Interesting that this post came up. My husband asked about using Skype for one of the classes that he will be teaching soon. Now I am motivated to research this and I will share what I find out.
+7
10 months ago
I have Skype with an author Wanda Richards. We were reading her novel and then she read to the kids. She read to the students. Students wrote letters to her and she replied. She came to visit the kids at the school. It was a surprised for them. It was exciting!

Check this site of Microsoft, I hope it will help you!

https://educationblog.microsoft.com/en-us/2019/02/skype-in-the-classrooms-literacy-month-2019/?ocid=FY19EVG_soc_pmc_edu_fb_NHS&fbclid=IwAR0lTycGoEMBjHUWHXQwU4K-dFZNIn85X_-9aTWncGReyvT9fOkd3v1zp2M
10 months ago
I use Skype as a Reading and Writing tutor. However, this is not connected to my school. It is a invaluable tool!
Basic Member
10 months ago
My sister learns Spanish by Skype, she seems to be very satisfied with the process and the result
Basic Member
10 months ago
I haven't used Skype, but I've used something called Zoom. It allowed us to have a multiperson conference, 30 people all in different locations.
+7
9 months ago
Quote from AdrienneK
I haven't used Skype, but I've used something called Zoom. It allowed us to have a multiperson conference, 30 people all in different locations.

I will check it out it zoom thanks.
First
Page 1 of 2
Last