Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Google Forms / Students Cheating

First
Page 1 of 2
Last
Basic Member
2 months ago
I was excited about moving my tests and quizzes to Google Forms this year, but quickly found out it was easy for students to cheat by doing a screenshot of the quiz and their answers and sending them to friends in later classes. So, I went back to old-school scantrons and pencils. Other than creating separate tests, is there any way to prevent screenshot cheating?
4 weeks ago
Whoever had access to the admin console can block screenshots on school managed Chromebooks.

They just have to go into the device management and search for "screenshot", and disable this function.

Just make sure they are disabling or students only and not everyone on the domain.
+4
4 weeks ago
Great idea
+5
3 weeks ago
Quote from Gifford Krivak
I was excited about moving my tests and quizzes to Google Forms this year, but quickly found out it was easy for students to cheat by doing a screenshot of the quiz and their answers and sending them to friends in later classes. So, I went back to old-school scantrons and pencils. Other than creating separate tests, is there any way to prevent screenshot cheating?

You can make your quizzes to display different questions for each student by making them random. Also if you make a few extra steps you can make the students go in different section depending on their answers... That way it will look like you have many different tests and students would not be as prone to copy...
+1
3 weeks ago
I will remember this.
Basic Member
+2
3 weeks ago
Quote from Cwarnier
Whoever had access to the admin console can block screenshots on school managed Chromebooks.

They just have to go into the device management and search for "screenshot", and disable this function.

Just make sure they are disabling or students only and not everyone on the domain.

This is a great idea.

Thanks for sharing.
Basic Member
+2
3 weeks ago
Quote from Profe Moreno

You can make your quizzes to display different questions for each student by making them random. Also if you make a few extra steps you can make the students go in different section depending on their answers... That way it will look like you have many different tests and students would not be as prone to copy...

Nice follow up to the previous suggestion.

Thank you, Simplek12ers!
+2
3 weeks ago
Quote from Cwarnier

My question about disabling screenshots on Chromebooks is this: Does it COMPLETELY disable screenshots for students? I'm not sure I'd want this since I sometimes ask students to take a screenshot and save it/post it/send it as evidence that they have searched for something on the internet. If students were prevented from taking screenshots entirely, that would really make things difficult!
Basic Member
+2
3 weeks ago
Quote from Profe Moreno

Brilliant idea.
3 weeks ago
What a great way to adjust! Love this idea. It'll work for Microsoft Forms as well.
First
Page 1 of 2
Last