Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Chromebook Monitoring

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
+6
1 year ago
We went 1:1 in February of this year. The students are very excited about using the Chromebooks, but I need a way to keep them on task. They have tasks they are supposed to complete and as I monitor around the room I can tell they are clicking back to that task from some other website. Usually YouTube. In our computer lab we have a program called LanSchool that allows the teachers to see what each student is working on and even pause everyone's computer in order to talk to the group. Is there anything like that for the Chromebooks. I want them to have integrity and be doing what they are supposed to be, but at this point they need closer monitoring than I can do by walking around the room.
1 year ago
Google Cast for Education allows you to monitor student computers
6 months ago
Our school uses Go Guardian. It is an education-focused software-as-a-service provider that offers Chromebook management and web filtering in schools, and is used primarily by classroom teachers and our technology administrators. When I had a substitute for two days, I was able to check up on my students and send an email to my sub so she was aware of game sites that a couple of students went on for a short period of time.

We like it for both our elementary and junior high students.
First
Page 1 of 1
Last