Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Great resources, but how do I keep track? Finally, simplek12.

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
Basic Member
1 year ago
I have to admit that I'm giving this site a lot of credit without a great deal of exploration yet, but I have high hopes. My biggest struggle as a teacher within the first 10 years of his career was keeping track of all the new and awesome opportunities and resources. It wasn't that I was against creating or changing lesson plans from each year or unit, but I couldn't keep up with the variety of ways I could teach it. I would come across websites or tools and think, "This is great. I can't wait to use it," only to forget about it soon after.

I'm really hoping Simplek12 can help keep my thoughts and mind refreshed, organized, and a constant reminder of the resources available.
+7
1 year ago
Quote from Jared McMahon
I have to admit that I'm giving this site a lot of credit without a great deal of exploration yet, but I have high hopes. My biggest struggle as a teacher within the first 10 years of his career was keeping track of all the new and awesome opportunities and resources. It wasn't that I was against creating or changing lesson plans from each year or unit, but I couldn't keep up with the variety of ways I could teach it. I would come across websites or tools and think, "This is great. I can't wait to use it," only to forget about it soon after.

I'm really hoping Simplek12 can help keep my thoughts and mind refreshed, organized, and a constant reminder of the resources available.

I have created a excel page and I have categorized it as reading, vocabulary, math, science, social studies, writing, and so on. Then if I have links by standard, I have created columns so that when I want to teach a specif standard, I can have a few resources for each one. As an ESL teacher I have to teach a little of everything. This is the only way that I can keep up with resources. I hope this can help you some.
1 year ago
I would just say that new is not always better. If it still works then use it. If the site is gone or you see a better way to make students learn something then change it.
+4
1 year ago
I will use this idea! TY!
First
Page 1 of 1
Last