Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Microsoft's Minecraft In the classroom

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
8 months ago
Curious if anyone has leveraged this resource, what they used it for, and how it worked https://education.minecraft.net/
8 months ago
When I taught Egyptian Art in my middle school art appreciation class, I had the students build their own pyramid complete with treasure, wall hangings, and traps. They also had to include a village for the workers and Nile. They loved it!
8 months ago
I have used Minecraft in the classroom. We used it to allow the students to create their own living plant cell or animal. The students were quite creative with their ideas, and I enjoyed watching it in creative mode.
+10
7 months ago
Quote from DavidGoldCompSci
Curious if anyone has leveraged this resource, what they used it for, and how it worked https://education.minecraft.net/

This is amazing. My kids love Minecraft. :-)

Last updated: 7 months ago

6 months ago
Quote from Mrs.Bell
I have used Minecraft in the classroom. We used it to allow the students to create their own living plant cell or animal. The students were quite creative with their ideas, and I enjoyed watching it in creative mode.

I did this as well. It's a great tool.
+8
3 months ago
Quote from Michele Bell

I will love to hear more about your experience and how are you using it. What are your students doing? Are they excited about it?
4 weeks ago
I've seen students who designed the setting for novels they were reading based on the descriptions in the book. I've also seen students build models - plant and animal cells, models of hearts complete with working valves, organ systems, and the like. Another example is students had to design a futuristic city with inhabitants and its own resources.
First
Page 1 of 1
Last