Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Electronic school days

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
Basic Member
2 years ago
I have been asked to present ideas for electronic snow days. Is there anyone out there that has implemented this in his school?

Last updated: 2 years ago

+5
1 year ago
Just now seeing this. We are piloting a program in our district- only one in the state. We will have assignments posted and be required to be available for 4 hours on snow days/ weather days.

Ours may not always be snow days. We were out 3 days last year due to massive flooding from Irma.

I asked about students who do not have internet access or if we had power outages. Students will have 5 days to make up assignment in case of power/ internet issues.

We will upload the assignments the day before, in case we are aware of incoming weather.

I will update more as we go through the year
+5
1 year ago
Quote from Melanie P.
I have been asked to present ideas for electronic snow days. Is there anyone out there that has implemented this in his school?

We do not have snow days here in Las Vegas, but I am sure you could use YouTube live to broadcast your lessons and keep your students engaged in class from the comfort of their home...
+2
1 year ago
Quote from Profe Moreno
Quote from Melanie P.

We do not have snow days here in Las Vegas, but I am sure you could use YouTube live to broadcast your lessons and keep your students engaged in class from the comfort of their home...

YouTube live to broadcast one's lessons is brilliant.
Basic Member
11 months ago
I would imagine google classroom would be very beneficial for this. You can post assignments, readings, quizzes, etc on the classroom page.
+2
11 months ago
Quote from Mike Q
I would imagine google classroom would be very beneficial for this. You can post assignments, readings, quizzes, etc on the classroom page.

Google classroom or any other Learning Managment System that you may choose would be beneficial. Check with your local admin. if they want a particular LMS or if you can decide for your students.
First
Page 1 of 1
Last